Sunday, August 25, 2013

Fun along the BRP

Saturday, August 25 - Not everything along the parkway is dramatic, sweeping, breathtaking vistas.  There's some funny stuff, too.  As we were pulling up to one of the scenic overlooks, we saw this guy standing out on a rock outcropping.  We both said, "how did HE get there?" Turns out there was a little path that led out to it.  Sandy suggested that I go out there.  As I did, I was laughing because I told her about how whenever people who do CrossFit go on vacation, they take pictures of themselves doing handstands in exotic places, and then sent them back to their local box (that's CrossFit lingo for gym).  However, I emphatically said that I would NOT be doing a handstand on a rock outcropping over a ravine, especially since my handstand is still a little wobbly.  So, Sandy said, "Look strong!"  I did.


And then there was this sign.  The first one we saw came and went by so fast that I had no time to get out the camera.  That was a big bummer, because it was pretty hilarious.  I vowed that if I saw another one, we'd get a picture of it.  I was pretty sure that we'd never see another one, but sure enough, a few miles later... jackpot!  And while it's a little hard to see, the sign just past it was also one that I'd never seen before: Spiral Curve.  Hold onto the phone, guidebooks and that bag of popcorn!



No comments:

Post a Comment