Monday, September 2, 2013

Road Trip finale: a few final sights

Sunday, September 1 - Before heading back to the airport, I took the last hour and a half to do one final swing of sightseeing.  I knew I only had time for one stop, so I chose the National Museum of American History at the Smithsonian Institution on the National Mall - a nice final stop given our American History tour on Road Trip 2013.   




And finally, as the shuttle was pulling up to the airport, I saw one last presidential monument as a fitting end to a very patriotic last couple of days:  a statue of Ronald Reagan at the entrance to the airport that bears his name.  Road Trip 2013 has successfully concluded.  And now the big question: where to go on the next road trip?  Any suggestions?



No comments:

Post a Comment