Monday, September 2, 2013

Airport Farewell at Reagan National

Saturday, August 31 - After 10 days on the road -- 10 days that went by way too fast -- I dropped Sandy off at Reagan Washington National Airport to catch her flight.  It's amazing how much stuff you accumulate in the car over the course of 10 days, so we're always strategizing on how to slim our possessions and food down as we get close to the end.  The leftovers usually involved food, drink and the cooler.  I decided to spend one more night in DC in order to see a few more sights and see some friends, so I was going to hang onto the cooler for one more night.  However, we had a half of a case of Diet Sierra Mist in the trunk.  So, when we were at the gas station right outside the airport, I said to Sandy, "let's see if this nice lady at the next pump is interested in some pop."  It can be a little awkward saying, "Hi, would you like some Diet Sierra Mist?"  She smiled and said, "I don't drink it, but I'm on my way to a party, and I'm sure that they'd love to have it!"  Jackpot!  It's always great to see our extra stuff get some good use!

So, we said a fond farewell in the rental car return area as Sandy headed to the terminal, and I went to pick up another car for my extra day.

As I was loaded town with all of our remaining stuff, it occurred to me -- this is a perfect example of the benefits of doing CrossFit!  Functional movements in action!

No comments:

Post a Comment